Saturday, January 17, 2009

Do You Believe in Magic?

Just so those of you who read the blog don't think I'm a speed knitter, these are the needles I used for that white scarf. The yarn was held doubled up and it was already bulky yarn.

IMG_4410

Here it is in correlation to a dime

IMG_4412 

They are a size 36 needle. Which unless you know a lot about knitting needles doesn't really tell you anything.

These are a size 2 needle that you would use for socks. The smallest size they make is a 0-which you could probably substitute a  toothpick and there wouldn't be much difference.

IMG_4081

That picture is pretty close to actual size. Think a toothpick on steroids.

So those lovely size 36 needles are what allowed me to finish a scarf in one evening :)

Stay tuned for some more hand dyed yarn :)

1 comment:

katharine_finley said...

I don't think I've ever seen size 36 needles - beautiful scarf!

-Katharine