Sunday, August 10, 2008

Curtains!

I decided that we needed some curtains for the back blue/black/white guest bedroom. I wanted to make them myself.

I have never made curtains before, but how hard can it be. So I hop in the car and go to JoAnn's Fabric (which I love) and find me some black and white fabric. I wanted to back them with white and put a layer in the middle to block out the light.

Only I got insulating material instead of sunlight blocking material. And I didn't get enough. Anyways, I forgot to bring the window measurements with me so I just guessed at how much I could need. I figured I could always go back and get a coordinating color to make a stripe or something.

Jersey wanted to help me with the cutting.

IMG_3801

I got them all sewed last night (well except one---I was laying them on the floor to measure and Wilson peed on the floor, stepped in it and then walked across my fabric). I sewed that one today.

And here they are finished waiting to be hung

IMG_3818

And here they are in the room. (If you look close enough you can see where the insulating fabric stops. It's lighter at the bottom than the top, but I'm not remaking them.

IMG_3830 IMG_3831

2 comments:

K-tell said...

oh my goodness, i love them!! you are GOOD!!!!!

Amber said...

love love LOVE the quilt on the bed! And the curtains are adorable!