Sunday, August 10, 2008

Hats!

So I found a pattern for a hat that I love. Cashmere Beanie from Knit-A-GoGo. Cute website and they do knitting classes for parties and such.

Anyways, I saw this pattern at a Knit Happens and just had to make it. So I bought myself some gorgeous slate blue yarn and some darker blue because I knew I would make 2. The pattern is pretty easy and it didn't take me long to finish. I finish the hat and try it on and it doesn't come down over my ears since I have a big head.

Rat Patooty

So when I'm at the store again I get a skein or off-white and red because these hats will make great gifts. So I make the white one last Wednesday night while Mike was at darts. I got to the point where I needed to start my decreases and I measured to make sure it was longer than the other hat. It was. I finish it up and sure enough, it doesn't fit my head either.

I got the wooden buttons at the yarn store down the street from my house.

So I have 2 hats to give away for Christmas and it's only August

Here are my hats:

IMG_3814

IMG_3815

IMG_3816

3 comments:

Sarah Rosales said...

I love the hats they are too cute.

Maria (MKC101103) said...

That hat is adorable! Where do I place my order for one????


(Yes, I'm going to stalk you on this blog too, hee hee).

Amber said...

Super cute hats! Super duper cute!

Next time you want to be sure a hat is long enough, thread the live stitches onto a piece of yarn and slip out the needles. Then you can actually put it on your head, pull it down as far as you want it to sit and you'll be able to tell (by where your crown starts) if it's time to start decreasing or not. (You might already know that little trick, but I had to share it just in case. I'd hate to think you keep making unwearable hats - I've got a few and it drives me crazy!)